Since Day Zero, the world has become a very different place. As our government struggles to deal with the aftermath of the catastrophic Synthetic malfunction, it can be difficult to keep up with how it impacts you, the ordinary law-abiding human. That’s why We Are People are providing this handy five point guide to the current legal situation – things to bear in mind if, like us, you’re concerned about the rise of the Synthetics and want to do something about it.
1) While a curfew is in place for green-eyed Synths, the UK does not currently have any laws restricting their movement during the daytime. This means that while technically we can’t stop them from swamping our streets and infiltrating our communities, there’s also nothing stopping us from sending them packing.
2) We Are People does not condone violence of any kind. However, we would point out that laws regarding assault, GBH and murder do NOT apply to Synthetics.
3) Totally unrelated to the above point, a full list of designated Synth camps is available on request.
4) While there are rough estimates as to how many anomalous Synthetics are currently in operation, there is no official total figure. So nobody will know if a few of them go missing.
5) The government has commissioned an independent report on the Synthetic problem, and a panel will soon be convening to explore the issues and make a binding recommendation as to what to do with the malfunctioning Synths. The legal situation could well change as a result of this commission, so look out for updates. A weekly briefing will be aired on Channel 4 at 9pm on Thursdays, starting 17th May.